The Donald Gordon Theatre with seating totaling 1897 is also available for the larger conferences, performances permitting, it transforms to become an amazing auditorium. Coupled with the technical support at the Centre, we can produce a conference with a difference.
The stage of the Donald Gordon Theatre is the perfect setting for a Gala Dinner for up to 400 guests on rounds of 10. With the fantastic back drop of the Donald Gordon Theatre making an unique setting for the dinner, guests can experience the Theatre from an artist’s perspective. The dinner can be further complimented by rehearsal room 1 which can be utilized as a drinks reception area prior and during the event.
The Donald Gordon Stage is also one of the 6 approved areas within Wales Millennium Centre for Civil Marriages and Partnerships. As the marriage takes place on the stage your guests could be seated on the stage sharing the occasion or they may take their seat in the auditorium to watch the happy couple sign the register.
- Level 2
- Dimensions 132m2 (11.7x14m)
- Theatre Style Capacity 1896
- Reception Style Capacity 300
- Banqueting Style Capacity 450 (45 tables of 10)
- Cabaret Style Capacity N/A
- Boardroom Style Capacity N/A
- Click here for Technical Specifications
Venue - Auditorium and Backstage
- Use of the Donald Gordon Theatre
- Use of up to 14 dressing rooms with a max. capacity 137.
- Use of 3 band rooms with a max. capacity of 95
- Use of touring wardrobe, wig and spray rooms, make-up and prop rooms.
- Additional rooms for visiting directors, conductors, music staff, company, stage and technical management
Technical/Back of House
- Four technicians provided on eight hour calls (up to a maximum of 40 hours per week).
- Stage door manned 8am - 11pm
- 24 hour security
- Please be aware that if the performance/event is televised, visually recorded or aurally recorded there will be additional costs incurred.
Front of House
- Front of House Manager and/or Duty Manager
- Fire Safety Officer
- Full compliment of front of house staff
- One front of house member of staff to sell programmes and merchandise. Additional merchandise sellers are available at a charge to the Visiting Company. Please note all merchandise sales are subject to a commission charge.
- Fully staffed cloakroom facilities (free to audience)
- Fully staffed Ticket Office and call centre during open hours:
- Ticket office staff manning the Wales Millennium Centre box office
- All box office ticketing services - and the Centre's switchboard - offer a telephone service in Welsh and English so that customers can choose which language to conduct their telephone enquiry in.
- Brand new On-Line Ticketing Service
- All ticket printing and postage associated with the event
- Please note - there is no additional ticketing commission on top of the hire fee in addition to the recharge of credit card commission (1.5%) and theatre token commission (10%).
Hospitality and Catering
- Access to in-house catering facilities and corporate hospitality
- A range of function rooms for additional hire
- Use of Green Room restaurant during the opening hours.