We believe that, no matter the age, experience or social background, everyone should have the chance to experience the performing arts.
Wales Millennium Centre relies on the continued support of fundraisers to fulfil our mission to bring the best of the world to Wales and the best of Wales to the world.
If you want to help to keep the arts accessible in the community, especially to children and families through our educational outreach programmes, support national arts events and festivals that engage with the local community like Roald Dahl's City of the Unexpected and Festival of Voice, as well as see more home-grown productions like Only The Brave and continue to enjoy a year round programme of theatre, opera, ballet, music, dance and comedy in the heart of Cardiff - you too can support our mission by fundraising for us.
Every penny you raise counts.
You can fundraise for us by:
Every penny you can spare could make such a difference to the work we do at the Centre. If you would like to help us raise money by collecting at your workplace, home or school, collection boxes can be obtained by contacting us on the details below.
Nominating Wales Millennium Centre as your chosen charity
If you belong to a social group, business club or any other network, you can nominate Wales Millennium Centre as your chosen charity. We can help you by sourcing raffle / auction prizes and supporting your events to help make fundraising as simple as possible.
Or challenge yourself to do something unique!
We like to encourage people to be creative, so why not come up with your own fundraising idea? The sky's the limit on what you can do to help raise money for the Centre and involve your local community, social circle or workplace in something special and fun at the same time.
- Outdoor challenges: For thrill seekers, there's plenty to try - why not get sponsored to go abseiling or skydiving, or take on the 3 Peaks Challenge? Assemble a team and hike up a Welsh mountain in aid of the Welsh arts. Or go on a sponsored bike ride and get fit whilst raising money.
- Arts and crafts: For a more relaxed afternoon's fundraising, holding a craft fair in aid of the Centre is a possibility for school children or a local community, or organise a crafts making event and ask those attending for a donation.
- Games: Why not hold an Inner Child day? Include team games, board games, video games… not only are they a good way to raise money (donate per event/attraction or entry into the whole day) but they can be fantastic for workplace bonding or making new friends.
- Food: Turn a run-of-the-mill cake sale into a Bake Off, or a coffee morning into a dessert tasting session…or add a challenge element into a cocktail making class and invent something new.
- Live entertainment: Why not hold a comedy open mic night for aspiring comics and musicians in your company? Or a school talent show?
- Holiday fundraising: Why not go carolling to raise money for the Centre? Or collect at your workplace in return for a Christmas song request to be played in the office… Or raise money in school or work with a Christmas Jumper Day!
Have a look at our JustGiving page for more ideas, or contact us at the details below to ask for your very own fundraising pack.
If you have any fundraising ideas or want to let us know about something you're doing to raise money for Wales Millennium Centre, here's how to reach us:
Phone: 029 2063 6416
Post or come visit: Development Team, Wales Millennium Centre, Bute Place, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff CF10 5AL.