Wales Millennium Centre has been voted the UK's top Coach Friendly Visitor Attraction of the Year 2012 at the annual Coach Tourism Awards, beating Alton Towers Resort and Theme Park to the top ranking. The award is given in recognition of the Centre's commitment to welcoming coaches, coach groups and coach drivers.
The Centre's Groups team pick up the Coach Friendly Visitor Attraction of the Year Award
On February 28th 2011 we were awarded with the Meetings and Incentive Travel Industry Silver Award for Access Excellence, presented to us at a Gala event in London. This is in recognition of our achievements in going well beyond the statutory requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act. Judges commented that the Centre is a very special place, which excels in its provision for all visitors.
Bet Davies, Janet Cleveland and Leonie Wallace with the Meetings and Incentive Travel Industry Silver Award
In late 2009 our 5th birthday year we successfully achieved 3 international standards; ISO14001 and the Investors in People and Leadership and Management awards.
This means we have exemplar environmental management, an energy efficient building and a dedicated, passionate team that is at every level committed to providing the very best experience for all.
IIP & Leadership and Management Award – Our team and Lesley Griffiths AM, Deputy Minister for Science, Innovation and Skills
"This is one of the top 10 standards in the world and not one that is easy to win. . . . the BSI team was very impressed and we are very proud to have our name alongside Wales Millennium Centre." Sir David John, Chairman of BSI (British Standards Institute)
For more information about this award and our environmental policies click here
Watch this space for our most recent awards
- TMA Most Welcoming Theatre in the UK Award 2008 and finalist in 2009 and 2010 – the only organisation to reach the final 3 times
- RIBA Award (Wales)
- RICS Award (Wales)
- Built in Quality Award
- MIPIM (International Property Conference) award for excellence
- European Convention for Structural Steelwork Award 2005 for creative and outstanding use of steel in architecture and construction
- National Eisteddfod Gold Medal for Architecture 2005
- Platinum Business Class Grade by Visit Wales for the high quality of its meetings and conference facilities and services
- Winner 2007 National Tourism Awards – Quality and Customer Care Award
- 2006 Wales finalist Lottery Awards
- 2007 Arts and Business Cymru Awards – the Centre won the Legal and General Arts Awards which recognizes the arts organization that has worked most creatively in partnership with Business.
- Legal & General collected the award for Arts, THE Centre ,Rhondda Cynon Taf Community Arts and Valleys Kids.