Wales Millennium Centre believes that the safety and welfare of our employees and the public are integrally linked to environmental stewardship.
As such our environmental policy is articulated in terms of safety and health as well as the environment.
Our policy is based on the principles of continuous improvement, compliance with all relevant laws and regulations and pollution prevention.
Our commitment to safety, health and environmental stewardship is defined in the policy statement outlined below.
ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Statement of Stewardship
- We're committed to conducting our business responsibly, so as to protect our employees, the public and the environment.
- We won't use raw materials or dispose of wastes unless we can do so in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner.
- We'll strive for continuous and recurring improvement in our environmental performance and achieve this by measuring and monitoring our performance and completing regular reviews to plan for performance improvement.
- We'll employ a preventative approach to environmental concerns.
- We'll design and employ technologies and operating procedures, be prepared for emergencies, and work to prevent or minimise releases into the air, land and water.
Our Beliefs and Values
Each employee must be provided with a safe and healthy work environment and be supported by appropriate training on the expectations, skills and techniques needed for the responsible performance of their work.
Every task must be performed with concern for the safety and health of ourselves, our fellow employees, contractors, visitors, customers, and the community and environment in which we operate.
Meeting our environmental commitment is:
- An individual responsibility - behaviour consistent with this responsibility is a condition of employment.
- A management responsibility - doing this well is an important measure of managerial performance.
This policy statement is developed and endorsed by our executive team and will be communicated to all employees at the time of their hire, at regular intervals (as deemed necessary) to refresh employees in the objectives of the policy and at any time the policy is revised or updated.
The policy is reviewed at regular intervals by the environment management team through the Management Review process.
These regular reviews evaluate the policy relative to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our operations and products.
The policy is available to the public and other interested parties upon request.
Mathew Milsom, Managing Director
6 February 2019