As a company limited by guarantee, Wales Millennium Centre has the right to enforce its own policy on matters of lost and found property. Whilst a customer may wish to report the loss or finding of property to the local police, it is essential that the Centre follows its own procedures and that a record is maintained of all items of lost and found property.
Anyone requiring any further assistance or information should contact the Ticket Office on 029 2063 6464
The following actions will be taken when a report of lost or found property is made:
- All items reported to Wales Millennium Centre as lost by customers are recorded on the Centre’s Customer Relationship Manager database
- All found items are kept in secure storage within the Centre and remain the property of the Centre until claimed, or for a period of five weeks, whichever is longer
- Every possible attempt is made to identify the owner of the found property and make contact with that person in the interim
After the five week storage period:
- Passports and personal identification - reported to the relevant authority immediately and after the five week period we are advised how to dispose of by the relevant authority
- Mobile telephones - the SIM card is destroyed and the telephone is donated to Cardiff Institute for the Blind for use in their mobile recycling scheme. Once the telephone has been given to Cardiff Institute for the Blind, the deletion of any information stored directly on it is their responsibility
- Keys - destroyed and securely disposed of by the Centre’s Security Team
- Bank cards - reported to the relevant authority immediately and after the five week period we are advised how to dispose of by the relevant authority
- Cash - donated to Wales Millennium Centre
- Purse/Wallet - all personal information is destroyed and securely disposed of. Then it is dealt with as a general item
- Medicine - securely stored for five weeks then given to a pharmacy to dispose of safely
- After the five week period all other unclaimed goods are offered for sale as part of a closed bid auction process to Wales Millennium Centre staff, residents and retailers. This process is run by the Centre’s Development department and all money received as a result of this process is donated to Wales Millennium Centre, Registered Charity Number 1060458. Any unclaimed items after this process will be recycled or donated to Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Unclaimed perishable goods are disposed of at the close of each Centre trading day. (This includes any food receptacles).
Retailers within the Centre are encouraged to deliver found property to the Information Representative at the Front Desk to centralise the function, however retailers are under no obligation to do so, and some will operate their own procedures.