We're searching for performers to be a part of our next original production, to be staged in our Weston Studio in Spring 2022.
The production is a Welsh-language comedy musical and a love letter to the land of song, celebrating contemporary Wales and exploring what it might mean to belong. It contains comedy and music by Llinos Mai, and will be directed by Alice Eklund.
We are currently casting for six key characters for the stage production as well as some supporting roles that will appear in video segments only.
We'd like to hear from performers from across Wales of all ages and with a range of experience.
Our open call is based on the key qualities we’re searching for instead of a formal cast breakdown.
We’re looking for performers who:
- Are within the playing age range 25 – 60 years
- Are Welsh-speaking or confident Welsh learners
- Have a confident singing ability
- Have confident comedy skills
- 15 + 16 November: Auditions in Cardiff
- 20 November: Auditions in Aberystwyth
- 6 – 10 December: Research and development workshops (availability for this week is desirable but not essential)
- 24 January – 12 February: Pre-production filming to take place (exact dates to be confirmed)
- 14 February – 29 March: Rehearsals
- 30 March – 10 April: Performances
How to apply
Email Branwen Jones, Producer, on firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8 November at 11am, and include:
- a CV or Spotlight link
- a showreel or video example of your work, including a song if possible (but not essential)
- your availability on audition dates
- your availability for R&D in December and filming in January/February
Diolch yn fawr!