Take an exhilarating leap into the unknown. Rambert’s full company of dancers are currently in the studio creating their first real-time, live-stream performance with leading choreographer and film-maker, Wim Vandekeybus.
For one night only – through the eye of the camera – you’ll land right in the middle of a turbo-charged live performance. Rambert’s London South Bank studios will be transformed into a series of contrasting, vivid theatrical worlds, some dream worlds, some nightmares, some turned upside down...
Wim Vandekeybus is a story-teller. At this precise moment in the world, he wants to show how we’re at once fragile and strong. Threat is countered by liberation, death by birth. Most of the time we don’t think of the blood coursing through our veins.
We usually only become aware of our heart beating in our chest when we’re afraid, or something’s wrong. Wim wants to dare us to look under the skin and embrace these contraries.
Please note this is a live performance. Tickets will be purchased for this performance from Wales Millennium Centre, to be live streamed on Rambert Home Studio.
good to know...
Once you have your ticket, set an alarm. This is not pre-recorded. This is LIVE. You don’t have to leave your home, but while you prepare your nibbles, grab a glass of something and take your seat on your sofa, the dancers (and cameras) will be warming up and preparing to perform for you and everyone watching. We’d hate you to be late and miss it.
To watch this live streamed performance:
- Purchase your ticket here, before 12pm on the day of the performance.
- Register (free of charge) at rambert.org.uk/homestudio
- Registering is easy to do, but we advise you do this the day before if you can.
- After midday on the 25th, keep an eye on your emails (don't forget to check your junk mail too!). We will email you your viewing code before the performance.
- You do not need your code in order to register for Rambert Home Studio, but you will need your code to view the livestream.
- Go to your Rambert Home Studio account and enter your code. You can view the performance on any device, as long as you are signed in.
- If you have any technical problems on the night, the team at Rambert will be on hand to help.
- Tune in at 8pm, Friday 25 September – and enjoy the show!
Age guidance: 10+
Some scenes may be unsuitable for very young or sensitive children.
Running Time: Approximately 50 minutes