We are proudly bilingual. Since opening our doors in 2004, we have worked hard to offer a high-quality, bilingual experience to all of our customers, visitors and staff.
Since 2017, we have been committed to upholding the Welsh Language Standards which ensure people can access all our services in Welsh.
We are committed to achieving those standards in all aspects of our work.
Our commitment to visitors and customers
- Welcome you in Welsh
- Communicate with you in Welsh and English
- Respect and remember your choice of language
- Promote our shows and events bilingually in print and online
- Make sure Welsh isn't treated less favourably
- Promote opportunities to use Welsh with us
- Talk to us in Welsh on the phone or in person
- Write us a letter or email in Welsh
- Complain to us in Welsh or English if things go wrong
Get in touch with us in Welsh or English by phone, email, letter or in person.