IN PURSUIT OF REPETITIVE BEATS is an interactive virtual reality experience by award-winning filmmaker Darren Emerson, inviting audiences to go in search of an illegal rave, one night in Coventry in 1989.
A multi sensory joyride into the heart of a revolution in dance. Grab your friends and plug into a virtual reality adventure that transports you into the heart of the Acid House movement.
From poster-strewn bedrooms to pirate radio stations, police headquarters to secret warehouses, you’ll step-into the shoes of rave culture pioneers as you go in search of the party.
Witness this social phenomenon first-hand, in an immersive exhibition and explorable virtual world set at the end of a turbulent decade in the UK. Combining Acid House tracks with interactivity and multi-sensory simulation.
In Pursuit of Repetitive Beats brings to life the stories of the promoters, police officers, and rave-goers, whose rivalries and relationships drove a revolution in music and society.
Book your ticket back to 1989 to share in an experience that shaped a generation; to feel the anticipation, the trepidation, the excitement, and the euphoria, that was Acid House.
Good to know
- Each 'full experience' session has a capacity of 6 which you can book individually or as a group. There are also two additional 'sit down' experience spaces (with a chair) which are discounted and listed as WMC Accessible tickets.
- The VR experience runs for approximately 30 minutes (not including the welcome briefing); please arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of your session and allow for up-to an hour from start-to-finish.
- The whole experience takes place in an installation space in which visitors wear a VR headset; during the experience you will move around in the space wearing the headset, engaging with virtual and physical/sensory experiences. This has been designed to feel safe, and to be as intuitive, enjoyable, and accessible as possible for everyone.
- Trained facilitators will be on hand to provide support and guidance throughout the experience should you require it.
- VR headsets are cleaned thoroughly after each session.
- Following the VR experience there is a small exhibition containing archive and other audio-visual materials exploring the British Acid House scene to enjoy at your leisure.
- The VR experience is recommended for audiences aged 15+ (the content features references to illegal activity and drug taking). U15s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and VR is not recommended for U13s.
LLAIS | East City Films presents
In Pursuit of Repetitive Beats
Interactive virtual reality experience