Step into the future of broadcasting at BBC’s newest and most advanced studios.
Ever wondered how sound effects are added to your favourite podcasts? Or what it's like to read the news? Join our friendly guides for an exclusive behind-the-scenes award-winning tour of BBC Cymru Wales. Visit our state-of-the-art television and radio studios to discover the secrets of making a BBC programme and follow in the footsteps of some of Wales' famous faces.
BBC Central Square has received a coveted Visit Wales gold award for the quality of its tours.
On your journey you will:
- Visit one of the largest BBC newsrooms, packed with cutting-edge technology including augmented reality, virtual reality and robotic cameras
- Take a sneak peek at TV galleries and other broadcast facilities
Each walking tour will last approximately 90 minutes. As a live and working broadcast centre, no two tours are the same, so every visit will be unique.
Know before you go
- We’re committed to providing the best access possible for all of our visitors. Please let us know about any specific requirements so that we can make the visit comfortable and enjoyable. You can contact us via the webchat service on the Wales Millennium Centre website, or by calling 029 2063 6464 between 12pm and 4pm Monday to Friday.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your allocated tour time for security checks.
- All visitors aged 18 or over must bring photo ID on the day to gain entry.
- Backpacks, travel cases, and shopping bags are NOT permitted inside the venue.
- Coats can be left in our cloakroom, free of charge, for the duration of your visit.
- Upon arrival, you and your bags will be checked before entering the studios. Please consider this when planning what to bring with you.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a ticket holding adult at all times. Babies or children under 7 years can't be admitted to this tour.
Tours run daily on most dates Wednesdays - Fridays and Sundays at 10.30am, 12.30pm and 3pm.
For Welsh language tours go to BBC Cymru Wales Tours - Welsh Language.
Under 26s, Students + Unwaged
Over 65s + Disabled
Under 26s, Students, Unwaged £9
Disabled + Over 65s £11
Select two standard and two under 16 tickets OR one standard and three under 16 tickets to receive a further £2 off each ticket.
Blue Peter Badges
Children under the age of 16 who have a valid Blue Peter badge and ID card can go free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult. If a disabled Blue Peter badge holder is accompanied by a registered carer, both can gain free entry. Carers must bring along evidence.
Free ticket for Hynt cardholders’ personal assistant or carer. More information here
Two Tempo Time Credits can be exchanged for one ticket. See Tempo Time Credits for further details.
All offers subject to allocations and availability.